Full-Time Engineer, Mine
Are you an experienced tailings engineer looking for an opportunity to join our mine long range planning group? Reporting to the manager of long range planning, you will be required to apply a broad spectrum of engineering principles to support the development of mine and tailings plans.
- Technical leadership in the development and optimization of long range tailings plans
- Optimization of our long range tailings planning tools to include probabilistic forecasting to highlight risks, opportunities with identified contingencies
- Stewarding the overall material balance for fluids and coarse tailings
- Tailings model and planning criteria reconciliation
- Conducting strategic economic studies of engineering and business options available to the company and making recommendations to management
- Mentoring of junior staff and supporting them in their development
Experience and Education:
- 10 or more years tailings engineering/planning experience in industry
- Experience in operations is an asset
- Superior change management skills and the ability to work in dynamic teams
- Knowledge of CAD and/or mine planning software such as MineScape
- Engineering degree in Mining, Civil, Geological, Chemical or similar
- Registered or immediately eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary, integrated team environment
- Creative problem solving skills, with an ability to apply logic and challenge assumptions, conclusions and make appropriate recommendations
- Collaborate with others to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- Highly motivated to seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes, and hazards in the workplace, in order to understand not just what you do, but why you do it
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you’re genuinely excited about – as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Suncor Energy is Canada’s energy company – meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor’s team, you’ll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada’s largest energy company – one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you’ll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
198 total views, 2 today