Full-Time Assistant, Accounts Payable
Reporting to the coordinator, accounts payable administration, you will provide vital support to our team by sorting, scanning, and indexing supplier invoices to initiate payment processing, while ensuring payments are timely and accurate.
- Execute accounts payable mail room activities, including receiving, sorting, and directing inbound mail as well as managing e-mails and file transfers
- Ensure that invoices meet our requirements and action the return to vendor process when required
- Identify and prioritize any invoices that are due for payment
- Request new vendor setup on behalf of the accounts payable team
- Store all paper copies according to our document retention policies, guidelines, and processes
- Identify and direct refund cheques for processes
- Find and champion continuous improvement opportunities
Experience and Education:
- Experience in data entry and accounts payable
- Experience using the Microsoft Office suite, SAP, and LiveLink
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- You possess a post-secondary degree or diploma or are currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated understanding of accounts payable processes and controls
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- You collaborate well to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- You have a strong work ethic and do not take or tolerate shortcuts and if the procedure is incorrect, you fix it
- You value integrity and hold others accountable while expecting others to do the same
- This position is based in Calgary, Alberta at the Suncor Energy Centre on a Monday to Friday schedule
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you’re genuinely excited about – as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we’re living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
Suncor Energy is Canada’s energy company – meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor’s team, you’ll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada’s largest energy company – one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you’ll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
473 total views, 4 today